ATCOR for IMAGINE - Features
ATCOR is a powerful ERDAS IMAGINE add-on for atmospheric and topographic correction. It is applicable to remotely sensed optical imagery covering the solar region and the thermal region. It supports all major small to medium field-of-view satellite sensors, both multi- and hyperspectral.
Radiometric image correction is a pre-requisite for many image analysis approaches, especially when multi-temporal and multi-sensor data are used. Besides products, such as vegetation indices or albedo, rely on pure spectral data that depend solely on physical surface properties and are not distorted by atmospheric or topographic conditions.
- converts raw image values (DNs) to surface reflectance (from solar reflective bands), surface emissivity and temperature (from thermal bands)
- provides a user-friendly graphical interface that leads the user through all steps of the correction process
- can be used in two ways, as a more or less automatic tool for fast image pre-processing and in a more interactive mode to satisfy special requirements
- allows also non-expert users to perform physically sound radiometric image calibration
- comes with two versions: ATCOR-2 for flat terrain and ATCOR-3 for rugged terrain
- employs an atmospheric database based on the radiative transfer model MODTRAN, i.e. sensor-specific pre-calculated LUTs for various atmospheric conditions (water vapour, optical thickness, aerosols)
- takes adjacency effects into account
- includes a supplementary tool for haze removal
- produces viable results with standard settings and data-driven estimates of atmospheric conditions
- is also a tool for experts who want to do accurate image calibration based on ground-measured reflectance spectra and atmospheric parameter measurements
- allows inflight calibration to verify, update or obtain sensor calibration coefficients required for converting raw image values (DN) to top-of-atmosphere (at-sensor) radiance
- provides value-added products, such as vegetation indices and albedo, as a 'by-product'